Department of Operations
The Department of Operations is central to all Police operational activities in Nigeria especially in the areas of crime prevention and maintenance of law and order.
It is headed by DIG JOSHAK HABILA, psc(+).
The Department has the following sections to actualise its mandates:
- Department of Operations Administration
It is include directing, supervising and coordinating of the sections in the department and are made up of:
a. Secret Registry
b. Confidential Registry
c. Open Registry
These arms of the section ensure that all the force orders, directives and regulations are fully adhere to.
- Department of Federal Operations
- Force Veterinary Section
- Border Patrol Section
- Police Mobile Force
- Explosive Ordinace Disposal Unit
- Force Police Airwing
- Force Dog Section
- Force Mounted Troop
- Force Armaments Section
- Counter-Terrorism Unit (CTU)
- Force Transport Section
- Directorate of Peacekeeping Operations
- National Inland Waterways
- Central Motor Registry (CMR)
- Force Marine Section
- Special Protection Unit (SPU)
- INEC Liason Unit.
- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF A NOTORIOUS FRAUDSTERS SYNDICATE THAT SPECIALIZED IN IMPERSONATION AND IDENTITY THEFT OF PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDERS, POLITICIANS, CAPTAINS OF INDUSTRY AND OTHER PROMINENT PERSONALITIES AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD, FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA ON 30TH OF MARCH, 2017 Read more
- PRESS BRIFING PARADE OF VICIOUS AND NOTORIOUS KIDNAP FOR RANSOM GANG/CULTISTS RESPONSIBLE FOR SEVERAL KIDNAPPINGS, ARMED ROBBERIES AND CULTISM IN RIVERS AND OTHER STATES IN THE SOUTH- SOUTH. AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD, FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA ON 28TH OF MARCH, 2017 Read more
- PRESS RELEASE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE DEPLOYS POLICE SPECIAL TACTICAL FORCE TO ZAKI-BIAM AND OTHER TROUBLED SPOTS/ FLASH POINTS, BENUE STATE TO RESTORE LASTING PEACE AND PREVENT FURTHER LOSS OF LIVES. Read more
- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF SUSPECTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE UNFORTUNATE CLASHES, DISTURBANCE OF PUBLIC PEACE AND MAYHEM THAT OCCURRED IN ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE ON THE 8TH OF MARCH, 2017 WHICH RESULTED IN THE LOSS OF SO MANY INNOCENT LIVES AND PROPERTIES WORTH MILLIONS OF NAIRA DESTROYED. Read more