Department of Operations
The Department of Operations is central to all Police operational activities in Nigeria especially in the areas of crime prevention and maintenance of law and order.
It is headed by DIG ABDULMAJID ALI.
The Department has the following sections to actualise its mandates:
- Department of Operations Administration
It is include directing, supervising and coordinating of the sections in the department and are made up of:
a. Secret Registry
b. Confidential Registry
c. Open Registry
These arms of the section ensure that all the force orders, directives and regulations are fully adhere to.
- Department of Federal Operations
- Force Veterinary Section
- Border Patrol Section
- Police Mobile Force
- Explosive Ordinace Disposal Unit
- Force Police Airwing
- Force Dog Section
- Force Mounted Troop
- Force Armaments Section
- Counter-Terrorism Unit (CTU)
- Force Transport Section
- Directorate of Peacekeeping Operations
- National Inland Waterways
- Central Motor Registry (CMR)
- Force Marine Section
- Special Protection Unit (SPU)
- INEC Liason Unit.
- BRIEF REMARKS BY AG. IGP MOHAMMED A. ADAMU, NPM, MNI, THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE DURING DECORATION OF NEWLY PROMOTED DEPUTY INSPECTORS GENERAL OF POLICE AND MEMBERS OF THE FORCE MANAGEMENT TEAM ON 4TH FEBRUARY 2019 Read more
- IGP APPOINTS NEW FORCE PRO Read more
- BRIEF REMARKS BY AG. IGP ABUBAKAR ADAMU MOHAMMED,MNI AT THE HANDING OVER CEREMONY HELD ON 16TH JANUARY, 2019 AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA. Read more
- ASSUMPTION OF DUTY OF ACTING INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, AG. IGP MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR ADAMU,NPM,MNI Read more