Department of Operations
The Department of Operations is central to all Police operational activities in Nigeria especially in the areas of crime prevention and maintenance of law and order.
It is headed by DIG JOSHAK HABILA, psc(+).
The Department has the following sections to actualise its mandates:
- Department of Operations Administration
It is include directing, supervising and coordinating of the sections in the department and are made up of:
a. Secret Registry
b. Confidential Registry
c. Open Registry
These arms of the section ensure that all the force orders, directives and regulations are fully adhere to.
- Department of Federal Operations
- Force Veterinary Section
- Border Patrol Section
- Police Mobile Force
- Explosive Ordinace Disposal Unit
- Force Police Airwing
- Force Dog Section
- Force Mounted Troop
- Force Armaments Section
- Counter-Terrorism Unit (CTU)
- Force Transport Section
- Directorate of Peacekeeping Operations
- National Inland Waterways
- Central Motor Registry (CMR)
- Force Marine Section
- Special Protection Unit (SPU)
- INEC Liason Unit.
- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF PROHIBITED FIREARMS, ILLEGAL WEAPONS AND LOCALLY FABRICATED LETHAL DEVICES RECOVERED IN THE ONGOING MOP-UP OF FIREARMS/ILLEGAL WEAPONS BY THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS JOINT TASK ENFORCEMENT TEAM; BY THE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, ACP JIMOH MOSHOOD AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA ON 9TH APRIL, 2018. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE HAS ORDERED DEPLOYMENT OF THREE (3) POLICE MOBILE FORCE UNITS, HIGH POWERED POLICE INVESTIGATION TEAM, ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (APC) TO KWARA STATE AND THREE (3) ADDITIONAL POLICE MOBILE FORCE UNITS TO TARABA STATE TO BEEF UP SECURITY IN THE TWO (2) STATES, PREVENT FURTHER ATTACKS, ARREST PERPETRATORS AND CARRYOUT DISCREET INVESTIGATION INTO THE OFFA BANKS ROBBERY IN KWARA STATE AND RECENT KILLINGS IN TARABA STATE. Read more
- PRESS BRIEFING REARREST OF TWO PRINCIPAL SUSPECTS (KABIRU SEIDU A.K.A OSAMA, NUHU SALISU A.K.A SMALL) WHOSE CONFESSION INDICTED SENATOR DINO MELAYE AND MOHAMMED AUDU AND FOUR OTHER SUSPECTS THAT ESCAPED FROM LAWFUL CUSTODY AT THE POLICE ‘A’ DIVISION, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE ON 28TH MARCH, 2018. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE: RELEASE OF LAST DAPCHI SCHOOL GIRL · IGP MISQUOTED Read more