Zone 10 Police Command established in December 2002 is located in the North-Western Geo-political Zone of Nigeria. The Zonal Command is comprises of Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara State commands. As at the time of compiling this report, the zone was headed by AIG Bala Hassan. The entire zone has a population of about 12,195,473 based on the 2006 census figure and combined Police strength of 12,070 officers and men.
Sokoto State according to the 2006 National Population Census figure has an estimated population of 4,696,999 covering the 22 Local Government Areas with estimated police strength of 4,190 Officers. Zamfara state has an estimated population of 4,259846 covering the 15 Local Government Areas with an estimated population of 2.5 million people and an estimated Police strength of 3,610 personnel. Kebbi State has an estimated population of 3,238,628 covering the 21 Local Government Areas and Police staff strength of about 4,065 Police officers.
In the year under review, the command recorded a total of 793 cases out of which 89 cases were convicted, 402 cases prosecuted, 263 cases are awaiting trial while a total of fifteen 15 cases are under investigation. The command also arrested 872 persons out of whom 339 were prosecuted, 191 were convicted, while 263 persons are awaiting trial. Also a total value of ₦2,291,000.00 was recorded during the year under review.
The crime figure for Sokoto state indicates a total number of 1,012 cases reported in the year. While 412 cases gained conviction, 458 cases were compounded while (2) cases acquitted. A total of 1,480 persons were arrested in connection with the cases reported. The total value of property stolen, lost and damaged was estimated at ₦50,568,570 out of which property worth ₦28,782,000 were recovered. Kebbi state Police Command recorded a total number of 1099 cases reported, 1,497 person were arrested and charged to court in connection with the aforementioned case of which 76 were discharged and 117 were convicted, while 749 are currently awaiting trial. Eight vehicles were recovered property worth ₦47,721,260.00 were recovered, while 23 Dane guns and 50 cartridges which could have been used to cause havocs in the state were recovered.
* * Inadequate logisticsInadequate barracks accommodation
* Inadequate communication gadgets
* Inadequate manpower
* Lack of physical infrastructure and equipment.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 10 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS,ABUJA, 2012
|S/No||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN -DEC) 2012|
- PRESS RELEASE RE: POLICE OFFICERS, JUDGES MOST CORRUPT IN NIGERIA – NBS IGP ASSURES NIGERIANS AND INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY OF SUSTAINED EFFORTS BASED ON INTERNATIONAL CORE VALUES OF POLICING WITH INTEGRITY AND THE DETERMINATION OF THE FORCE TO SHUN CORRUPTION AND BRIBERY IN ALL ITS RAMIFICATIONS. ·NIGERIA POLICE OFFICERS NOT CORRUPT AS ALLEGED Read more
- PRESS RELEASE IGP SET UP SPECIAL INVESTIGATION PANEL TO INVESTIGATE COMPLAINTS AND PETITIONS ON ALLEGATIONS THAT POLICE OFFICERS PAY BRIBE FOR SPECIAL PROMOTION Read more
- PRESS RELEASE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM K. IDRIS NPM, MNI IN MOROCCO FOR A FOUR-DAY OFFICIAL WORKING VISIT · SAYS IT’S TO EXCHANGE SECURITY INFORMATION Read more
- NIGERIA POLICE FORCE MOURNS LATE AIG PIUS UEBARI IMUE · DESCRIBE THE DEATH AS A GREAT LOSS TO THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE Read more