Zone 12 police command located in the North-Eastern Geo-political zone of Nigeria is comprises of Bauchi, Borno and Yobe state commands. As at the time of putting up this report, the zone was headed by AIG Mohammed J. Gana, fdc. The entire zone has a population of about 14,149,249 based on the 2006 census figure and combined police strength of 14,314 Officers and Men.
Bauchi state according to 2006 National population census figure has an estimated population of 5,676,465 covering the 19 Local Government Areas with staff strength of 3,500 police officers while
Borno has an estimated population of 5,151,193 covering the 27 Local Government Areas and a staff strength 6,456 police officers.
Yobe state Command, has an estimated population of 3,321,591 covering 17 local government areas and staff strength of 4,022 police officers.
In the year under review, remarkable achievements were recorded in areas of crime prevention, effective supervision of state as well as reducing the rate of corruption and corrupt practices among officers and men within the commands. Also, tremendous improvements were recorded in the area of security of the command and other Government installations, commitment of officers and men to duty and improved level of alertness through serious observations and monitoring of activities of the commands under the zone 12 Headquarters.
* Inadequacy of Operational Vehicles
* Lack of Generating sets
* Inadequacy of Office Furniture
* Lack of bullet proof jackets
* Lack of official cars for the unit
* Insufficiency of funds
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 12 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, BAUCHI, 2012
|S/No||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN -DEC) 2012|
- PRESS RELEASE RE: 1,260 POLICEMEN FROM SOUTH WEST PROTEST TRANSFER TO NORTHERN STATES Read more
- PRESS RELEASE ARREST OF NIGER DELTA MILITANT PLANNING TO BOMB THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE IN LAGOS, RECOVERY OF CARTONS OF EXPLOSIVE DEVICES AND DETONATORS AND TWO (2) AK 47 RIFLES Read more
- FLAG OFF OF OPERATION HARMONY TO RESTORE LASTING PEACE TO KAFANCHAN AND ENVIRONS OF KADUNA STATE BY THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM K. IDRIS NPM,MNI, REPRESENTED BY THE DIG DEPARTMENT OF OPERATIONS, DIG HABILA JOSHAK. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE CHRISTMAS – NIGERIA POLICE FORCE BEEFS UP SECURITY NATIONWIDE AIGS & CPS TO STRENGTHEN CRIME PREVENTION STRATEGIES IN THEIR COMMANDS Read more