Zone 3 police Command is located in the North-Eastern Geo-political zone of Nigeria Comprises of Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states. The Zone consists of the following sub-departments `A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ ‘D’, ‘F’ and `G’ with each performing its schedule of functions enumerated in part III of Police Regulations 1968. As at the time of putting up this report, the zone was headed by AIG Mohammed J. Abubakar, fwc. The entire zone has a total population of 7,822,716 based on the 2006 population Census figure and combined police staff strength of about 16,900 officers and men.
Adamawa state according to the 2006 National Population Census figure has an estimated population of 3,168,101 covering the 21 Local Government areas with a police staff strength of about 6,958 officers.
Gombe state according to the 2006 National Population Census figure has an estimated population of 2,353,879 and police staff strength of 3,986 officers and men as at the time of putting up this report.
Taraba state according to the 2006 Population Census figure has an estimated population of 2,300,736 covering the 16 Local Government areas and a staff strength of about 5,605 police officers.
The command Headquarters, Yola itself comprises of 28 Senior Police Officers, 46 inspectors and 187 Rank and File totaling 263 police personnel in all. The achievements of the zonal command during the period under review have increased tremendously especially in the area of crime prevention. Offences like Robbery, Homicide and other related offences have been brought down to the barest minimum. Also, cordial relationship between the police and other sister agencies was highly fostered by all commands in the zone.
* Insufficiency of Residential Accommodation.
* Bad Road network to link the police Headquarters to the main road.
* Insufficiency of vehicles for patrol.
* Inadequacy of welfare for personnel.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 3 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- SHIFT IN DATE OF CONVENING OF THE NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT ON KIDNAPPING, FARMERS-PASTORALISTS CLASHES, VIOLENT CRIMES AND OTHER FORMS OF CRIMINALITY IN NIGERIA: Read more
- SUDDEN DEMISE OF CP FRANCIS MOBOLAJI ODESANYA Read more
- IGP APPOINTS CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD AS THE SUBSTANTIVE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (FPRO) Read more
- PRESS RELEASE ARREST OF NOTORIOUS KIDNAPPERS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE KIDNAP FOR RANSOM GANG RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KIDNAP OF FIVE (5) TURKISH SCHOOL CHILDREN AND THREE (3) MEMBERS OF STAFF AND RECOVERY OF ONE MILLION TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA RANSOM MONEY Read more