Zone 3 police Command is located in the North-Eastern Geo-political zone of Nigeria Comprises of Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states. The Zone consists of the following sub-departments `A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ ‘D’, ‘F’ and `G’ with each performing its schedule of functions enumerated in part III of Police Regulations 1968. As at the time of putting up this report, the zone was headed by AIG Mohammed J. Abubakar, fwc. The entire zone has a total population of 7,822,716 based on the 2006 population Census figure and combined police staff strength of about 16,900 officers and men.
Adamawa state according to the 2006 National Population Census figure has an estimated population of 3,168,101 covering the 21 Local Government areas with a police staff strength of about 6,958 officers.
Gombe state according to the 2006 National Population Census figure has an estimated population of 2,353,879 and police staff strength of 3,986 officers and men as at the time of putting up this report.
Taraba state according to the 2006 Population Census figure has an estimated population of 2,300,736 covering the 16 Local Government areas and a staff strength of about 5,605 police officers.
The command Headquarters, Yola itself comprises of 28 Senior Police Officers, 46 inspectors and 187 Rank and File totaling 263 police personnel in all. The achievements of the zonal command during the period under review have increased tremendously especially in the area of crime prevention. Offences like Robbery, Homicide and other related offences have been brought down to the barest minimum. Also, cordial relationship between the police and other sister agencies was highly fostered by all commands in the zone.
* Insufficiency of Residential Accommodation.
* Bad Road network to link the police Headquarters to the main road.
* Insufficiency of vehicles for patrol.
* Inadequacy of welfare for personnel.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 3 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- PRESS BRIEFING PARADE OF PROHIBITED FIREARMS, ILLEGAL WEAPONS AND LOCALLY FABRICATED LETHAL DEVICES RECOVERED IN THE ONGOING MOP-UP OF FIREARMS/ILLEGAL WEAPONS BY THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS JOINT TASK ENFORCEMENT TEAM; BY THE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, ACP JIMOH MOSHOOD AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA ON 9TH APRIL, 2018. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE HAS ORDERED DEPLOYMENT OF THREE (3) POLICE MOBILE FORCE UNITS, HIGH POWERED POLICE INVESTIGATION TEAM, ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER (APC) TO KWARA STATE AND THREE (3) ADDITIONAL POLICE MOBILE FORCE UNITS TO TARABA STATE TO BEEF UP SECURITY IN THE TWO (2) STATES, PREVENT FURTHER ATTACKS, ARREST PERPETRATORS AND CARRYOUT DISCREET INVESTIGATION INTO THE OFFA BANKS ROBBERY IN KWARA STATE AND RECENT KILLINGS IN TARABA STATE. Read more
- PRESS BRIEFING REARREST OF TWO PRINCIPAL SUSPECTS (KABIRU SEIDU A.K.A OSAMA, NUHU SALISU A.K.A SMALL) WHOSE CONFESSION INDICTED SENATOR DINO MELAYE AND MOHAMMED AUDU AND FOUR OTHER SUSPECTS THAT ESCAPED FROM LAWFUL CUSTODY AT THE POLICE ‘A’ DIVISION, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE ON 28TH MARCH, 2018. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE RE: RELEASE OF LAST DAPCHI SCHOOL GIRL · IGP MISQUOTED Read more