Zone 5 police command located in the South-south Geo-political zone of Nigeria comprises of Bayelsa, Edo and Delta states. As at the time of collating this report, the flag of the Zone was steered by AIG Musa A. Daura, NPM, mni.
The entire zone has a population of about 9,020,081 based on the 2006 population census figure and combined police staff strength of about 22,221 officers and men.
The zonal Headquarters, Benin is the administrative base for the other states. It is situated at Adesuwa Grammar school Road, Benin-city.
Edo state according to the 2006 census figure has an estimated population of 3,218,332 spread over the 15 local government areas and police staff strength of about 10,276 officers and men while Delta state has an estimated population of 3,218,332 spread over the 25 local government area and a police staff strength of about 6,719 police officers.
Bayelsa state however has an estimated population of 1,703,358 spread over the eight local government areas and a combined Police Staff strength of 4,551 officers.
In the year under review, laudable results were arrived at as a result of proactive measures taken by the zone to checkmate and reduce criminal activities. Available results indicate that cases of Armed Robbery, Murder, Kidnapping, Obtaining money under False Pretence, high scale Fraud and Arson were greatly reduced in comparison with previous years. This was as a result of consistent vehicular patrols in all the nooks and crannies of the command.
* Insufficiency of Logistics and Equipments.
* Inadequacy of communication Gadgets.
* Lack of Office equipments.
* Insufficiency of Barracks accommodation.
MANPOWER WASTAGE FOR ZONE 5 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, BENIN 2012
|S/NO||TYPE OF WASTAGE||TOTAL (JAN-DEC) 2012|
- PRESS RELEASE RE: 1,260 POLICEMEN FROM SOUTH WEST PROTEST TRANSFER TO NORTHERN STATES Read more
- PRESS RELEASE ARREST OF NIGER DELTA MILITANT PLANNING TO BOMB THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE IN LAGOS, RECOVERY OF CARTONS OF EXPLOSIVE DEVICES AND DETONATORS AND TWO (2) AK 47 RIFLES Read more
- FLAG OFF OF OPERATION HARMONY TO RESTORE LASTING PEACE TO KAFANCHAN AND ENVIRONS OF KADUNA STATE BY THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE, IGP IBRAHIM K. IDRIS NPM,MNI, REPRESENTED BY THE DIG DEPARTMENT OF OPERATIONS, DIG HABILA JOSHAK. Read more
- PRESS RELEASE CHRISTMAS – NIGERIA POLICE FORCE BEEFS UP SECURITY NATIONWIDE AIGS & CPS TO STRENGTHEN CRIME PREVENTION STRATEGIES IN THEIR COMMANDS Read more