PROCESS OF OBTAINING A POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE.
1. Log on to www.npf.gov.ng
2. Click tinted permit link on the quick-link menu.
3. Fill the registration form on the right to obtain an Application ID.
4. Complete the Application Process by Login in with your email and the Application ID electronically generated.
5. Fill the Bio-Data form when logged-in and enter the details of the Vehicle you want to obtain tinted permit for with the instructions outlined on the page.
6. Upload your vehicle license, proof of ownership.
7. Print out the information submitted then take the Print-out to the State Intelligence Bureau (SIB) in any Police Command, to capture your biometrics.
8. Applicants applying on medical grounds must upload a medical report obtained from any government hospital and must bring original copies of all relevant documents for verification before their biometric can be captured.
9. Upon completion of this procedure, your application shall be processed and decisions including issuance of the permit if application is successful shall be conveyed within five working days. Your application will be fully processed after these steps.
Applicants with challenges of processing their application online can go to the State Intelligence Bureau (SIB) within their State Police Command or the FHQ Abuja for support. Note that motor vehicle tinted permit can only be issued to applicants that meets the requirement as stated in section 66(2) of the National Road Traffic Regulation (1997) and Section 1(1) of the Motor Vehicle (prohibition of tinted glass) ACT, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.?